Before deciding if you want to pack your personal belongings for an upcoming move or choose professional packing services, you should consider the advantages and disadvantages. Then, you can make a well-informed decision.
• Reduced Stress Level: Although there is some level of stress involved in every aspect of moving, packing tends to be the biggest issue. You likely already feel overwhelmed with all that you have to get done, such as watching small children, cleaning out appliances, and putting in changes of address, you can leave packing to the professionals. Not only will you feel less stressed, you will also find that you have more energy for accomplishing your other goals.
• Time Saver: Another advantage of using professional packing services is that it would save you a significant amount of time. Depending on the size of your home and the volume of things that you need to have moved, it could take two to three months to get everything boxed up and ready to go. However, when the experts pack, the project is completed in very little time.
• Better Organization: When packing, most people tend to throw things together just to get the job done. While that might not seem like a big deal, you would quickly understand the importance of packing the right way once you start unloading boxes at your new home. Because a trained professional is responsible for the packing services, there is less risk of your possessions getting broken or destroyed. Also, with everything packed properly, your job of unpacking becomes easier.
Although there are few disadvantages of using packing services, there are still two things in particular to consider.
• Higher-Priced Move: As an add-on service, you would pay an additional fee to have your items packed by a professional. One reason for the higher cost is that the company supplies all of the appropriate boxes, packing material, tape, and other items needed. However, you will have no problem finding a qualified moving company that offers competitive pricing for all of its add-on services, including packing.
• Impersonal: Some people feel uncomfortable in having complete strangers go through their things. If you are among that group, then self-packing might be the better option. However, to experts, packing is nothing more than a job. Therefore, if you can remember that, you will feel at ease when using this type of service.