Cross Country Movers’ Tips on 10 Things to Buy If You Are Moving into Your First Home in Hayward, CA & Surrounding Areas
It’s your first time moving into your new home so here are some tips from NC Moving and Storage Solutions’ professional cross country movers to help you figure out what you need right away. From making your home comfortable, secure, and efficient, keep on reading to learn more.
- Security System – There is a variety of home security systems. Complete your move with the comfort security brings.
- Cleaning Supplies – Make your home truly yours with a good cleaning. Get Lysol, disinfectants, wood polish, mops, buckets, and more.
- Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors – Be safe in your home from the get-go. Install these as soon as you move in.
- Fire Extinguisher – It’s recommended to keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen, as well as in your garage. Make sure your home is ready for any emergency.
- Lights – Don’t forget the lightbulbs! Make sure your rooms are properly lit and you have some backups in case any go out.
- Blinds or Curtains – You will rest easy having privacy in your home with curtains or blinds and will enjoy the pop of color they instantly add to any room.
- Shower Curtain – Also a necessity of privacy, keeping water in the shower, and a decorative piece.
- Garbage Cans and Bags – While moving in and unpacking, make sure you have somewhere for all that trash to go.
- Hangers – Have what you need to start putting things away. You can’t use your closet if there are no hangers to hang up your clothes!
- New Locks – If you are not the first owner of your home, it is recommended to change your locks every time you purchase to ensure that you know who has access to your home.
These ten tips touch on only the surface of all the things you will need to prep for moving with cross country movers into your new home, but this is a good place to start!
Contact NC Moving and Storage Solutions
Contact our cross country movers at NC Moving and Storage Solutions in Hayward, CA, and surrounding areas today to schedule your estimate.