The Leading Bay Area Movers Provide Advice on the Best Ways to Move Plants to Your New Home in Hayward, CA & Surrounding Areas
Moving to a new home can be a lot of work but make sure you don’t forget one important detail as you plan: your plants! Moving plants can be a messy situation if not approached correctly. See what NC Moving and Storage Solutions’ top tips from Bay Area movers have to say about safely moving your plants.
What Plants Will You Move?
Plants come in a variety of shapes and sizes from little cacti and succulents to shrubbery and hanging plants. Different types are hardier than others while some are on the more fragile side. The first step to deciding which plants you will take with you depends on if the plant can survive a long-distance trip, or a move that will last more than a day or two.
Plants You Cannot Keep
If you have plants that won’t survive the trip, these plants will need a new home. Give them to friends, family, or co-workers as you make your rounds saying goodbye before you leave.
How to Safely Move your Plants with Bay Area Movers
- Water the plants well due to the stress of moving.
- Hang all hanging plants and make sure the leaves are wrapped to stay safe during the move.
- Prevent breaking leaves or twigs by wrapping plants with fabric, blankets, or pillowcases.
- If the weather is cold, place the plant in the bottom of a plastic bag and tie it loosely.
- Put small plants into boxes.
- Do not cover or seal the top of any packed plants.
- Pack around or cushion big planters so they do not tip over.
These tips are only a shortlist of what you can do to protect your plants. Make sure they are kept upright, are not broken, and are watered just the right amount is key to keeping them safe.
Move your plants confidently with these helpful tips. Bay Area movers can help you pack your plants too. See how your move can be completed efficiently with your plants in mind.