National Moving Companies Provide Advice on How to Move Your Office Properly
As a leader among national moving companies, NC Moving and Storage Solutions understands that moving an office can be stressful. Trying to run a business while the workplace is a mess is unnecessarily complicated, and nobody wants their office closed for days while the move takes place.
To plan an office relocation properly, you must know the who, what, where, when, and how much. Understanding the entire spectrum of what is involved can help you plan your move.
- Packing Materials – Moving your office is undoubtedly a case of “better safe than sorry.” Stocking up on quality packing materials ahead of time will make the relocation go more smoothly. Among the supplies, you may need bubble wrap, boxes of various sizes, bungee cords, zip ties, markers, and a utility knife.
- Employee Efficiency – Encourage folks to take personal goods home so they don’t get in the way of movers and get lost or destroyed.
- Remove Clutter – Discard or donate old furniture or other clutter that you may not need at your new office to save yourself and our movers from having to move it at all.
- Plan Ahead – Contact top national moving companies ahead of time and schedule utilities to shut off before moving. Think about all of these things that need to be done and make a plan.
- Box Labels – This easy tip can save you and your employees hours figuring out what goes where. Moving workplaces requires planning and organization, so numbering or coloring your boxes will save you a lot of time and frustration.
- Clear File Cabinets – It doesn’t matter whether your vital files are in filing cabinets or stored digitally; any sensitive, confidential, or critical files in your office should be extra careful when moving. You don’t want to lose a crucial document or a folder, so find a safe place for any hardcopies to avoid further issues.
- Think About IT – No matter what field you work in, you will need computers or basic technology. When moving, one of the main concerns is how IT equipment will be handled. These assets are not only costly but also vital to your company’s operation. Make sure to pack them properly or work with an IT professional to help move them.
- Leave Nothing Unattended – It’s vital to be present on moving day. If something goes wrong, you will be able to control the situation and provide explanations.
- Take Photographs – We highly recommend photographing both your old and new offices. This functions as a form of “evidence” of what you have in case something goes missing.
- Professional Office Moving Services – When partnering with national moving companies, like NC Moving and Storage Solutions, you can relax for your business relocation. Our professional movers will ensure that every stage of your move runs smoothly.
Contact NC Moving and Storage Solutions
Contact NC Moving and Storage Solutions today to learn about our office moving services in Hayward, CA, and the surrounding areas for more information and tips. Call us now to find out why we are considered a leader among national moving companies.